Kathy Eason, a worker at the Center of Highland Falls, stands on the storefront’s stoop where she had been trapped by floodwaters the previous day in Highland Falls, New York. [John Minchillo/AP Photo]
IN TIMES OF CRISIS
July 13, 2023
How many brothers and sisters live in the affected area?
There are 2 ecclesias and approximately 50 brothers and sisters that are, and will be, affected by the flood waters. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this weather event.
How can I help affected communities?
- Pray! There’s comfort knowing God hears our prayers and takes our requests into His consideration.
- Donate to local, on-the-ground organizations in upstate New York and New England such as:
- The American Red Cross of Northern New England – You can donate to the Red Cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999, which will donate $10, or by going to their website at redcross.org to learn more. You also can call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- The Vermont Community Foundation has started a Vermont Flood Response and Recovery Fund 2023, any and all donations to which will support the communities affected by the flooding. You can donate on their website.
- Volunteer to help if you live locally! Volunteers have been helping with rescuing, evacuating, and getting food to residents. You can register as a volunteer here.
We look forward to our Lord’s return, when natural disasters will be a thing of the past. In the meantime, we consider Paul’s words:
“whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith” (Galatians 6:10)
If there is anything more we can do to help, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org